The hotel at a glance
If relaxation is about reading a classic by the fire with a vintage cognac in hand, or discussing the finer points of cuban cigars in a million pound fumoir, then this piece of our collection was made for you.
When you think classic British luxury, think Lanesborough. One for the connoisseur, this hotel recreates the opulence and class of the Regency era to perfection.
The Lanesborough has the kind of class that manages to turn smoking from a habit into a hobby. Cigar aficionados will find its fumoir, the “Garden room”, to be an intimate area with an open fire, heated flooring and discreet service. If you would like to add a rare item to your collection, the walk in humidor is well stocked and the floor manager, Giuseppe Ruo, is more than happy to provide advice.
In the Library Bar, you can treat yourself to a glass of 200 year old Gin from the hotel’s fine “liquid history” collection; the perfect accompaniment to leaf through the many classic works available as you lounge by the fireplace. All these wonders are provided in the most intimate of atmospheres as the Lanesborough exudes a country home vibe and the personalised service, including a 24 hour private butler, ensures that the hotel keeps a high returning guest ratio.
If you think that this hotel is all about being classic, with bronze statues, warm wood tones and oil paintings,then you are absolutely right. But lest you believe that your request for a mouse will be met with a reminder of the hotel’s no pet policy, think again. A sony Vaio laptop is available on your desk upon arrival and the hotel offers complimentary wifi internet. There is also a large selection of on demand movies and an Ipod dock available at no extra charge.
If you want a classic regency era vibe, then the Lanesborough provides one of the best experiences in our collection and we cannot recommend it highly enough. Your only disappointment might come from the limousine service, horse drawn carriages are, unfortunately, no longer the preferred form of transport here.
Elements below are provided solely for information purposes.
Check-in / Check-out
- Check-in: 2 pm
- Check-out: noon
- Public areas: free of charge
- In-room: free of charge
Transportation & Transfers
- Transfer service: subject to additional charges
- Children are welcome in this hotel
- Public areas: smoking not allowed
- Smoking rooms: available
Food & beverages
Celeste (Gastronomic restaurant: French cuisine)
The Library Bar (Bar)
The Garden Room (Bar)
The Withdrawing Room (Bar, Light meals)
Afternoon Tea (Afternoon tea)
- Continental breakfast: £32
- English breakfast: £38
- No extra charge for in-room breakfast
Amenities & services
- 93 rooms and suites
- In-room amenities (iPod dock, flatscreen TV, in-room safe, minibar, complimentary newspaper daily, Roja Dove bathroom products)
- Air conditioned hotel
- Laundry service
- Concierge service
- Business center
Spa (The Lanesborough Club & Spa)
- Hammam / steam room
Always included in this hotel
- Complimentary Internet
- Complimentary Mineral Water in the room upon arrival
- 24 hour Butler Service
- Complimentary phone calls globally
- Personalised stationary and business cards on arrival
- High speed fibre optic Wi-Fi
- Extensive in-room Entertainment Library
- Un-packing and packing offered on arrival and departure
- Welcome tea or coffee on arrival
- Mineral Water and fruit, replenished daily
- Wake-up calls served with tea or coffee daily
- Use of The Lanesborough Club & Spa
- Tablets in all rooms