The hotel at a glance
The Milestone hotel is a bubble of fantasy in central London that’ll have you under its spell when you walk in and feeling like a sulking child when it’s time to leave. Its Downton Abbey-esque setting, and personalised service, might have you thinking you’re the lord of your own manor, and when the illusion breaks upon checkout… it’s painful.
With many of its original elements left intact, the interiors of the Milestone’s heritage listed mansion have an authenticity and atmosphere that few hotels in central London can boast of. But more than anything else, what will really win you over; is how comfortable and welcoming this slice of old world charm can be. If there’s such thing as a hotel version of chicken soup, the Milestone hotel would be it, and once inside it’s easy to forget that bustling Kensington is right past the doorstep.
24 hour butlers and near omniscient service do a great job of catering to the Milestone hotel’s 56 rooms and suites. And they do it the old fashioned way. In the hotel’s restaurant, the Cheneston’s, traditional English fare is served by candlelight in a quiet and intimate setting which can only accommodate 9 tables. Centered around a large oak fireplace and decorated with mahogany furniture, chandeliers, and stuccoed ceilings; a meal at the Cheneston’s will take you back to a time where elegance and sophistication are the norm. By the time your meal is rolled out on a silver trolley by waiters in dinner jackets, and you’ve assisted to the time honored tradition of the Sabrage, you’re sure to call the Cheneston’s one of your favorite restaurant experiences in the world.
Classical charm does not mean that the hotel dispenses with technology. In fact, it’s in line with most modern hotels. High speed broadband internet is available in the rooms, along with Ipod docking stations, and videos on demand.
If discovering London is on your to do list, the hotel’s location opposite the Kensington Palace and gardens puts you in a prime position to do so, but if you’d rather travel in complete comfort, a chauffeur driven Bentley is at your disposal should you need it.
Elements below are provided solely for information purposes.
- 1 Kensington Court, London, Greater London
Check-in / Check-out
- Check-in: 2 pm
- Check-out: noon
- Public areas: free of charge
- In-room: free of charge
Transportation & Transfers
- Transfer service: subject to additional charges
- Children are welcome in this hotel
- Public areas: smoking not allowed
- Smoking rooms: not available
Food & beverages
Cheneston's Restaurant (Restaurant: local specialties cuisine, Afternoon tea)
Stables Bar (Bar)
The Conservatory (Bar, Afternoon tea)
Park Lounge (Afternoon tea)
- Continental breakfast: £22
- English breakfast: £29
- No extra charge for in-room breakfast
Amenities & services
- 56 rooms and suites
- In-room amenities (iPod dock, flatscreen TV, in-room safe, minibar, coffee / tea making facilities, complimentary newspaper daily, Penhaligon's bathroom products)
- Air conditioned hotel
- Laundry service
- Concierge service
Spa (Milestone Health Suite)
- Indoor pool
- Fitness center
Always included in this hotel
- Welcome drink, upon arrival
- Complimentary Internet
- Welcome gift
- Complimentary Mineral Water in the room upon arrival
- Green Tea or glass of Champagne served on arrival
- Personalised welcome gift or fruit plate on arrival.
- Child minding service
- Canapes, ice and lemon provided each evening for guests staying in suites
- Free unlimited wifi throughout the hotel