The hotel at a glance
Rome...its monuments, its museums, its magnificent Trevi Fountain where you can throw a coin over your shoulder into the fountain to be sure to come back to Rome. I dare say without hesitation that one must visit this fabulous city at least once in one’s life. But for a real romantic sojourn, a 30-minute drive to the West of the Eternal City will take you to the Posta Vecchia Hotel.
This magnificent hotel is a veritable palace dedicated to romanticism, that once belonged to Paul Getty. When we saw the entrance, it was difficult for us to imagine that we had arrived : indeed everything about the hotel was more reminiscent of a beautiful private home. From the great gate, the old stone walls and up to the neatly trimmed hedges, the hotel laid out all its charm right before our eyes.
As a true Art temple, The Posta Vecchia has preserved its magnificence with its authentic renaissance furniture, Gobelin tapestries, Carrara marble and a beautiful original mosaic you can see in the basement. As great admirers of spacious , artistic and chic interiors, we were absolutely delighted by the atmosphere. The gardens are gorgeous and when we were sitting outside on the terrace, we were carried away by the sweet music of the Tyrrhenian Sea.
The rooms had all kept an authentic 16th and 17th century flare. Ours was decorated with antique furniture and a sumptuous four-poster bed. The decor really took us back in time .... a wonderful experience!
The museum situated on the first floor is a real must-see: there you can admire the remains of two ancient Roman villas that were discovered during the renovation of the hotel .
The public areas are beautiful, the staff is efficient and pleasant, the Italian food is nice : the general impression is more than positive.
As a conclusion, the Posta Vecchia is really perfect for an italian week end.
Elements below are provided solely for information purposes.
- Loc. Palo Laziale snc, Palo Laziale, Rome
Check-in / Check-out
- Check-in: 3 pm
- Check-out: noon
- Public areas: free of charge
- In-room: free of charge
Transportation & Transfers
- Car park / valet service: free of charge
- Transfer service: subject to additional charges
- Children are welcome in this hotel
- Public areas: smoking allowed
- Smoking rooms: not available
Food & beverages
The Cesar (Restaurant: Italian cuisine)
- Continental breakfast: included
- American breakfast: included
- Buffet breakfast: included
Amenities & services
- 19 rooms and suites
- In-room amenities (flatscreen TV, in-room safe, minibar, complimentary newspaper daily, Maria Candida Gentile bathroom products)
- Air conditioned hotel
- Laundry service
- Concierge service
- Business center
Spa (LPV Health & beauty)
- Hammam / steam room
- Tennis on site
- Non-motorised water sports
- Private beach on site
- Indoor pool
Always included in this hotel
- Complimentary Internet
- Complimentary Mineral Water in the room upon arrival
- Buffet breakfast for 2 daily
- Buffet breakfast
- Private parking
- Private museum guided tour
- Bikes and tennis court