The hotel at a glance
My first winter stay in Essaouira was a marvellous surprise. Essaouira is a small traditional but also very modern town. During my trip, I sojourned at L'Heure Bleue, a beautiful Riad located close to the seafront in the Medina that is on the UNESCO list of World Cultural Heritage sites.
I could not imagine a better place to enjoy myself, rest and seek a change of scenery. The decor is fabulous and shows that much thought has been given to every single detail, L'Heure Bleue blends to perfection the most authentic charm of Moroccan tradition with English colonial luxury. The atmosphere of the bar and the cozy atmosphere of the patio decorated with beautiful plants and trees allowed me to enjoy moments full of calm and serenity in a beautiful setting. The food was wonderful with a special mention for the house made almond milk served at breakfast in the courtyard.
At every corner of the mysterious Riad corridors, you meet amiable and efficient staff members. A real change from my normal life ! And what a wonderful time I had when at dusk I could listen for a few moments to the joyful serenade of birds announcing that the blue hour was there...
During dinner, I had the pleasure to listen to a great lute player while enjoying a delicious meal. After dinner, I returned to my beautiful African suite that seemed to come straight out of an exotic novel. Finally, I knew the definition of 'heaven on earth'!
I also visited the craft center to admire thuya wood craftsman at work.
The only problem when you stay at the Heure Bleue is that you never want to leave the place.
Elements below are provided solely for information purposes.
- 2 rue Ibn Battouta Bab Marrakech, Essaouira
Check-in / Check-out
- Check-in: 3 pm
- Check-out: noon
- Public areas: free of charge
- In-room: free of charge
Transportation & Transfers
- Car park / valet service: free of charge
- Transfer service: subject to additional charges
- Free transportation to city center
- Children are welcome in this hotel
- Public areas: smoking not allowed
- Smoking rooms: not available
Food & beverages
salon oriental (Gastronomic restaurant: international cuisine, Breakfast)
Salon Anglais (Bar)
terrace (Restaurant: international cuisine, Light meals)
- Half board: €60 per person per day
- Full board: €90 per person per day
- Continental breakfast: €25
- Buffet breakfast: €25
- No extra charge for in-room breakfast
Amenities & services
- 33 rooms and suites
- In-room amenities (flatscreen TV, in-room safe)
- Air conditioned hotel
- Laundry service
- Concierge service
- Hammam / steam room
- Golf on site
- Public beach nearby
- Indoor pool
Always included in this hotel
- Moroccan or buffet breakfast
- Mineral water in the room
- Traditional tea service in the afternoon
- Complimentary WIFI in the whole hotel.